Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I Might Have To Do What ?

Ok - I've settled down a bit....

My doctor called me and we talked about why I required my catheter to be put back in. Turns out I have hyper-continence* ! This should not alter the positive outcome of my bladder control that we were all so happy about last Friday. He said that they used to leave catheters in a bit longer, and that I probably just wasn't healed up enough for its removal. He didn't mention why they now like to get them out sooner, but I will just assume it has something to do with the general state of affairs with our current health care system: "Get 'em in, get 'em out. You are healed!"

I am scheduled to get this one out on Thursday, but he told me that I will be trained on self-catheterization if this problem happens again! WTF!

Whatever. My ever shrinking little buddy has taken a lot of abuse as of late, so I'm not too worried about screwing this up if I do need to do it myself. I will assume I should do this sober.

* Stacey swears that at this point, my doctor is just making this stuff up to help settle me down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why would you ever want to do anything sober Gil???

luff
m