Thursday, July 31, 2008

...Or Are You Just Happy To See Me?

I feel bad that I have not been blogging much lately. It's funny that my clever catch-phrase for the Po'buckra blog is "an unsettling look at nowsville". Very little of what I feel like writing about is about "nowsville". To be honest, not much good is going on for me at the moment. Stuff kinda sucks actually, but I got friends, music, movies and the most wonderful and beautiful wife on the planet, so I'll get through this eventually.

I do find it therapeutic to write about my past, though. I've been very fortunate to have had such wonderful and creative times with all of the bands I've been in. It's been a blast writing this stuff down! I enjoy the hell out of the nice responses I've gotten from readers. I was a bit shocked when I discovered that my brother had signed on and subscribed to the MySpace blog, but he's digging it ("quite and education!"). Not so sure that my sister would enjoy it so much, though!

The "my life in music" blog is coming to a very critical point in my life. I've got one more "disco days" post to make and it's gonna lead into some pretty heavy shit, and I have decided to go ahead and write about it. Some of it will have little to do with music - after the disco bands I didn't play with anyone up until Jamie reformed the Happy Eggs during Charlotte's punk/new wave..."explosion". From there, I consider my history in bands as current, even though it was 28 years ago!

Up until then all of this has been very distant, ancient and even abstract. Most of the people that crossed my musical path are long gone from my life and I've never really worried too much about some of these folks ever reading any of this stuff. But with this new fangled Internet thing, you never know!

1980 leads me into what I consider more...delicate territory. I'll deal with it when I get there, but it calls for a bit more finesse on my part. I certainly don't want anyone to feel concerned that I may write something that may come up and bite me (or them) on the ass.
Should be an interesting dance.

So, please bear with me....ultimately I need to define who the hell I really am.

Speaking of the past....I've been reading Dave Thompson's book on my all time fave band: Cream. What (brilliant) arseholes! And what the hell is up with Clapton's......pants? (actually, the "armadillo in the pants" is briefly discussed in the book. He thought the chicks would dig it).

No comments: