Monday, February 25, 2008

Plastic Oscar Boy


As usual, Stacey and I watched the Oscars last night. I have not seen any of the nominated movies, much less the winners. One big ZERO! Still enjoyed the show, though.

The moment when Jon Stewart brought back Marketa Irglova so she could say her “thank yous” was very exciting. I wonder who initiated this unprecedented Oscar moment? Thank goodness those wretched Disney songs did not win! I thought they were all weak and horrible, but I will give props to the folks that performed them.

Tilda Swinton was very cool! She sort of reminded me of Pin Ups era Bowie. When she won, I mentioned to Stacey that she really must have thought she wouldn’t win because she didn’t put any make-up on. That’s ok, though...I think she is beautiful in a very other-worldly manner. Mars?

Even though I didn’t know about half of the “stars” that won, I still cry whenever a winner seems genuinely touched that they won. Seems I cry at just about anything these days, especially award shows, and I think it’s due to my past showbiz life. It’s really good to be liked. Sally Fields was on to something!

Here’s a photo of a poor little plastic boy chained to the ground. He is in a yard up the street in North Berkeley and he’s got a good message. It's best to be slow.

4 comments:

2fs said...

About that green plastic boy: I don't get it.

2fs said...

Or maybe I'm just being slow...

Gil said...

For some reason, the people that live there feel the need to warn drivers that they should be on the lookout for green plastic boys running into the street. I think. Other than that, nothing more than me trying to be arty with the camera. Bad segue, I guess!

Yes. Thank you. Be good today. said...

I love the green plastic boy! good photo gil!