Wednesday, January 9, 2008


Yikes! I'm doomed. According to other folk's blogs, this is Read An Assload of Novels month. I'm gonna lose this contest. I mean, I like reading and all that, it's just that it takes me forever to get through a book! I like to read in bed, but by then, I'm so...."tired" I seem to only get a few pages read and then I'm off to sleep. As far as I know, I have no reading disabilities, and I'm not retarded (not that there's anything wrong with that), it's just that I get so..."tired".

I love 50's & 60's sci-fi pulp paperbacks. I have a ton of them, and they are easy reads. I like space stuff, hate fantasy stuff and if I glance through the book and see characters are named Xzgoerz or Hemoinieth, I will not even try to read it. If I can't pronounce it, screw it. I will be bugged every time I come across it.

Not a fan of multiple parallel realities, either. Keep it simple, or see ya later! Maybe I am retarded. The last book I read was Clifford Simak's Cemetery World, and I loved it! 158 pages and it took me over a month to finish. 3 or 4 pages at a time. I just get so..."tired" late at night.

Gil

2 comments:

flasshe said...

I am exactly like you. I love to read but the only time to do it is before bed, and then I just fall asleep after a few pages. Takes me like a year to get through a book these days.

Gil said...

Whew! Glad I'm not alone...
Gil