Saturday, April 26, 2008

This And That...


The San Jose Sharks lost the first game against the Dallas Stars yesterday, but I think they’ll do fine in this second round of the NHL playoffs. The Sharks looked great to me. They were skating fast, passing the puck ok, and hitting hard. Some of their players that needed to step up, did. They have not played well at home this season, so I think it may take another 6 games to sort this series out. This particular team, while infuriatingly inconsistent, has all the pieces. I really think they’ll win the Stanley Cup this year, and if they don’t...it’s only a stupid game!

Speaking of stupid game, the gun toting robber that held up the 3 women at my workplace seems to be on quite a spree. They now know who he is, and since last Sunday’s robbery at City Hall Records, he has allegedly struck 2 more times; later that same day in Fairfield, Ca., and last Wednesday, a home robbery close to my hood in El Cerrito. His family has reported that he has a long history of drug addiction and he vows to not be taken alive. I predict that he won’t.

I also predict that I am getting so fed up with American politics and the media that reports it, I may just withdraw from the whole damn thing. It’s gotten stupid and I blame everyone involved. The politicians, the media and the average American citizen. The campaigns are vicious and mean spirited. The media is a joke. I keep hearing the conservatives endlessly shouting about the liberal media. I don’t see it. I do see an asshole media that is intent on feeding John Q. Public pure crap. 24 hour cable news has destroyed journalism. “Why aren’t you wearing a flag pin?” Jesus Christ, give me a break! I think the average American really does want to know why the pin wasn’t worn and that is the most disturbing part of all of this. America insisted on re-electing Bush, even when all the facts were there - he lies, he’s deceitful, he’s arrogant and he is not only responsible for our soldiers’s and innocent Iraqi citizen’s deaths, he has bankrupted this country and no one seems to care. The U.S. economy is broke, and it wasn’t that way when he first took office. There will be little consolation when history shows that he was the worst modern day U.S. president. It’s just gonna suck.

Go Sharks!

No comments: