Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's All About The Guitars! Part 2


Here’s my Aria Pro II Strat copy. It was the very first brand new guitar I ever bought (at Trend Music in Charlotte N.C.), sometime around 1977 or so. I think it was around $200. It’s got a nice twangy sound, plays well and most importantly, has a whammy bar !

Like a cat spraying it’s territory, I guess I felt the need to add those goofy stickers. Aside from my horrible heavy metal bass, it’s the only guitar I would do that to. Sorry ‘bout that...


Anyway, you can hear this guitar and it’s whammy bar at it’s twangy-est best on a surf-style instrumental I wrote called X-Ray Beach

And like a very proud papa, I was thrilled when I saw that my pals and fave Bay Area band, the Bye Bye Blackbirds actually opened a set with this tune at a gig I was unable to attend this past week in Sacramento. I'm thrilled!
Thanks, guys...you've made my day!

No comments: