Friday, November 23, 2007

I Am So Cutting Edge..

I think that this blogging thing may catch on, so here I am. I'll jump right into it and tell everyone how much I enjoyed my Safeway 1/2 breast of already cooked turkey yesterday. The cauliflower and sweet potatoes are supposed to be very good for me, so I ate those too. Oddly, my wife enjoys those more than the turkey.

Most of Thanksgiving was spent with a purge surge of duplicate videos/dvd's and laserdiscs. I have several hundred movies, mostly sci-fi, horror and Fellini films. I have them all listed on an excel spreadsheet, and it is there that I discovered that I am such a geek I have multiple copies of some of the most minor and goofy films.

A favorite of mine is a very obscure science fiction movie made in Italy in the early 60's called BATTLE OF THE WORLDS. I have 5 versions of it, 3 videos and 2 dvds. It looks like they all probably came from the same old and battered TV print, but you never know. I hope that someday, someone with $ to burn will restore it and release it. It stars Claude Rains and has an amazing soundtrack which features a jaw dropping title song, probably called The Outsider. Here is the Italian trailer - it's kind of long but there is a tiny little bit of The Outsider at the very end:

Well, like I said - I'm really cutting edge...I don't know where that link went.

Gil

No comments: